Skip to main content

American Catholic Quarterly Review ephemera collection

 Collection
Identifier: CSC-017
This collection consists of an introductory letter and circular advertising the American Catholic Quarterly Review in 1894.

Dates

  • 1894

Creator

Restrictions on Access

This collection is open and available to the public for research in the U.S. Catholic Special Collections reading room. The materials are non-circulating.

Copyright Notice

The materials in this collection may be protected by copyright law (Title 17, U.S. Code). The materials are available for personal, educational, and scholarly use. It is the responsibility of the researcher to locate and obtain permission from the copyright owner or his or her heirs for any other use, such as reproduction and publication.

Extent

0.05 Linear Feet (1 folder in Small Collections box 3)

Abstract:

Advertisement materials for the American Catholic Quarterly Review.

History of the American Catholic Quarterly Review

The American Catholic Quarterly Review began publication in 1876 as an instrument for Catholic intellectual thought. It was published by Charles A. Hardy of Philadelphia. The journal received the blessing of Pope Leo XIII in 1884, and was overseen for many years by Archbishop Patrick John Ryan. Publication ceased in 1924.

Statement of Arrangement

See item list.

Location:

U.S. Catholic Special Collections, 302 Roesch Library

Related Material

The Roesch Library has Volumes 1 through 49 (1876-1924) available on microfilm. Original copies of individual issues are also available; see library catalog.

Creator

Title
Guide to the American Catholic Quarterly Review ephemera collection, 1894
Status
Completed
Author
Colleen Mahoney
Date
2011
Description rules
dacs
Language of description
English

Repository Details

Part of the Roesch Library Repository

Contact:
300 College Park Dr.
Dayton Ohio 45469-1360