Skip to main content

Facilities Management items donated by Beth Keyes

 Unprocessed — item: UASC.2013.018
Identifier: UASC-2013-018

Content Description

2 bricks from Building 26

Acquisition Type

Transfer

Restrictions Apply

No

Dates

  • 1939

Extent

1 Linear Feet (1 box containing 2 bricks)

Inventory

Received on 5/17/2013 From: Beth Keyes / Facilities Management 2 bricks from original facade of Building 26 – NCR building The original NCR building 26 was added onto and wrapped on 3 sides in the ‘60’s. Secret code breaking machines were developed here during WWII. This building was purchased from NCR by UD (49 acres). Art Deco landmark building Joseph Desch was an NCR engineer and UD graduate who was the brainpower behind the project. Built in 1939 for use as a night school, (used for sales training) the original Art Deco structure, designed by Schenk & Williams was one of the first reinforced-concrete structures in the US. 1 brick – Canton Ohio. Made in USA Trade Mark Belden 1 brick – Trade Mark Belden , Canton Ohio